Monday, February 05, 2007

Gnarly Skirt

In the spirit of learning how to do for myself (bread, socks, sweaters, hats, etc) I've now learned how to make a quality little wrap skirt, the first of which is now lovingly called Gnarly Skirt. Here's some photos, sorry they're not so clear.

Gnarly Skirt is based off a pattern I got from someone online and consists of eight panels sewn together with a tie back sash sewn onto the top of those. For the first skirt I used a plain brown broadcloth that's really cheap so that if the pattern didn't work or something went horribly wrong then I wouldn't be out very much.

I bought a total of four yards of fabric (plenty for one skirt and lots left over) and I cut the tie from the entire four yard length, so while the skirt varies in size the tie back is four yards long and is really secure. Plus it ties in a little bow and has little hanging pieces!

1 comment:

Binyamin said...

Aw, lovely dress.

Parting Words Of Wisdom

"The fear of rejection really kind of stunts your growth as a person. I mean, it's like a friend of mine says, who cares if you fail? Who cares if you fail? It's like babies try to get up and walk all the time and they keep falling down. If we just gave up, we'd all be crawling around." — John Rzeznik
Blog tracker